Sunday, September 6, 2009

Random pictures from classes/workshops past

This is another shot from yesterday's long sword freeplay. I don't necessarily recommend fencing longsword barefeet.

After teaching rapier class yesterday, Aldo (right) and I wanted to do some longsword freeplay at about half speed. We had some really good exchanges, though my hands have seen better days...
This is from an impromptu class I gave at the UofT campus yesterday afternoon. David (left) is being quite indulgent by having fallen victim to my feint in seconda.

This is another shot from the quarterstaff workshop. It looks like Brian (right) is trying out the first false play of the thrust on Aldo (left).

This is from the quarterstaff workshop I gave at FAC on the 30th of August. I was really happy with how it went; if only we could figure out a safe way to fence with these...

This is one of my favourite pictures from when Devon came back in June. We brought all of our gear down to the Beaches to do some photos and some slow work, and this is just one of those.

This is from the two-day workshop given by head instructor Devon Boorman from Academie Duello on the 20th and 21st of June. Here we're going over the basic guard positions of the sword and dagger.

© Emily Tanaka 2009, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment